Web-based technologies continue to revolutionize the ways psychological scientists conduct, disseminate, and analyze research. In our annual nod to US college basketball’s “March Madness” tournament, the Observer takes a tour of two sophisticated (and evolving) platforms that are accelerating these advances. Specifically, Lookit enables researchers to run studies with children and their families over the internet, alleviating many of the practical barriers that limit the scope and quality of developmental research. And metaBUS streamlines the search process, allowing researchers to perform instant meta-analyses of over a million (and counting) previously published research findings.
View more APS methodology resources here.
Methods in Focus at APS 2020
The 32nd APS Annual Convention, May 21-24 in Chicago, will feature a wide variety of symposia and workshops on psychological research methods and practices. Highlights include:
• AMPPS Forum: Tools and Recommendations for Quantitative Methods
• Correcting for Bias in Psychology: A Comparison of Meta-Analytic Methods
• Recommendations for Increasing the Transparency of Analysis of Preexisting Data Sets
• Advances in Multilevel Modeling
• Open Science for Different Methodological Approaches in Psychology Special Symposium
How can psychological research be applied to help improve city government? Join behavioral
scientists from The Lab @ DC and their partners from DC government agencies to learn
more about their cutting-edge work on applying social and data science tools to make programs
more effective and efficient in collaboration with policymakers.
• Computational Models for Formalizing Theories
• Experience Sampling Methods and Implementation
• Introduction to Bayesian Statistics*
• Machine Learning and Python*
• Multilevel Modeling*
• Regression, Classification, and Clustering*
• Statistical Analysis Using R*
• The General Linear Model*
• Power Analysis*
• Tutorial on JASP*
Workshops require separate registration.
* Cosponsored by the Society of Multivariate Experimental Psychology
Learn much more about APS 2020 here.