APS is committed to ensuring civil discussions and expects participants to treat each other with respect. We monitor content and will moderate or remove, without warning, comments on APS’s website and social media platforms that violate the expectations set forth below.
APS encourages members to engage in respectful, on-topic, and civil discussions that promote the lively and productive exchange of ideas.
- You must be a logged-in APS member to post comments.
- Your name and affiliation will appear with your comment.
- APS will moderate comments prior to approval. Comments will not be visible to others until they have been approved.
- Your comments should not include actions or speech that could reasonably be construed as abusive, defamatory, harassing, misrepresentative, or disparaging toward any individuals or groups. Comments should not contain vulgar, offensive, or threatening language; personal attacks/insults of any kind; or unsupported accusations.
- Comments that are judged to be potentially questionable or inappropriate will be reviewed by a staff committee using their professional discretion and referred to the Executive Director if needed.
- Comments with links to external sites will be subject to approval. Spam and self-promotional links are not permitted.
- You cannot edit comments after they are published. You may request that APS remove your comment, at which point you can resubmit.
- You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you submit.
- You give APS permission to contact you about potentially reusing some or all of your comment or seeking a follow-up interview.
Social Media Policy
APS uses social media to enhance communication and engage with our members and the public. By their nature, social networking sites are participatory and involve sharing among multiple users. As such, APS monitors content posted on its social media platforms and may remove, without warning, any of the following:
- Comments that contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening, or harassing language;
- Personal attacks/insults of any kind;
- Unsupported accusations;
- Defamatory language that targets specific individuals or groups;
- Comments that include information that is privileged, personal, proprietary, or otherwise not for public disclosure;
- Spam and comments that are clearly “off topic”;
- Advertising, solicitations, and commercial endorsements;
- Comments that involve political campaigning or lobbying; and
- Other comments that APS deems inappropriate.
APS reserves the right to ban from its social media platforms users who repeatedly violate its comment policy. A delay in deleting a policy-violating posting should not be seen as an exception or an acceptance of any comment or opinion.
APS does not guarantee that any information posted on its social media platforms is correct and disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from reliance upon such information. APS does not guarantee, and assumes no liability for, anything posted on our social media platforms by any person, employee or otherwise.
Links to websites not maintained by APS are provided solely for the information and convenience of users.
Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations presented on our social media platforms are only those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of APS.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.