To defray travel costs for APS Student Affiliates who are presenting their research at the APS Annual Convention.
Not an APS Student Affiliate? Click here to learn more and join APS.
The amount varies each year, and is typically about $200.
How to Apply
To apply, please click here and complete the form. Be sure to include all requested information. All applications must be submitted by February 28, 2018!
Travel Assistance recipients will be required to volunteer for 1 six-hour shift onsite at the Convention. Volunteer duties typically include working at the registration desk, providing directions to attendees or completing room counts for various Convention events.
Recipients are provided with complimentary Convention registration, as well as a cash award (the aforementioned $200).
Each year, we look for friendly and enthusiastic people who are current APS student affiliates presenting their research at the APS Annual Convention. The following factors (listed in no particular order) are taken into consideration when reviewing applications:
- Distance from convention, including whether traveling internationally
- Duration of the student’s attendance at convention
- Whether or not the student is presenting a poster or symposium
- Student’s prior APSSC involvement, including past convention attendance
- Cost saving measures undertaken by the student, including room or ride sharing
Please contact the APSSC Membership and Volunteers Officer for additional information regarding travel assistance and volunteer opportunities.