Why Join APS?
Get the tools, resources, and connections you need to advance your career in psychological science.
APS supports you at every stage of your career and wherever your path leads. Access to our acclaimed scientific journals, opportunities for renowned grants and awards, and the ability to connect and collaborate with like-minded scientists from around the world.
Psychological scientists, applied psychologists, teachers of psychology, and graduate and undergraduate students all find value in APS’s many benefits and supportive community.
Membership Options for All
Benefits to enhance research, collaboration, and career development for PhDs pushing the edges of Psychological Science. Full access to APS Journals and member directory, opportunities for prestigious awards and grants, and content covering the spectrum of fields provide a rich environment for professional and personal growth.
Member – $242
Postdoc – $137
Retired – $92
Lifetime – $5,000
Access to content and career support for non-PhD researchers and professionals actively working in psychology and related fields. Journals, connections, online resources, and more provide ways for you to stay on top of advances in your field and expand your knowledge.
Associate Member – $150
Valuable tools and resources support students pursuing degrees in psychology or related fields. Opportunities to present research, apply for awards and grants, publish, establish connections, get career advice, volunteer, and much more!
Graduate Student – $88
Undergraduate Student – $43
Reduced membership dues rates are available to scientists in countries defined as low and lower middle income by the World Bank and are automatically applied during the membership join process.
Personal Access to the Latest Research
APS publications are among the leading resources for information in the field. Members receive annual online and print
subscriptions (including online archives) to:
• Psychological Science (12 issues per year)
• Current Directions in Psychological Science (6 issues per year)
• Psychological Science in the Public Interest (3 issues per year)
• Perspectives on Psychological Science (6 issues per year)
• Clinical Psychological Science (6 issues per year)
• Advances in Methods and Practices in Psychological Science (4 issues per year)
• The Observer APS’s official member magazine (6 issues per year; digital-only effective June 2022)
• This Week in Psychological Science (TWiPS) Early online access to research in Psychological Science
• Psychological Science Update A weekly e-newsletter to keep you up on the latest news and trends
Members, Associate Members and Graduate Students may receive print copies of APS Journals.
Meet Your Colleagues and Share Your Research
The APS Annual Convention convenes psychological scientists from around the world and features the latest research and luminaries in the field. Start planning now for APS 2022 in Chicago, IL, USA, May 26 through 29.
Awards and Honors
From early career to lifetime achievement, APS honors the accomplishments of Members who have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of psychological science.
Advocates for Our Science
At APS, science isn’t just a special interest—it’s the only interest. APS is the premiere international organization solely dedicated to the advancement of psychological science and works diligently to increase support for psychological research and to promote the use of science-based psychology in the development of public policy. Furthermore, APS broadens public understanding of our science by ensuring wide and accurate daily coverage in major news outlets including Scientific American, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal, among others.
And More …
That’s just the start. APS Members also receive:
- Access to the online Member Directory
- APS members save 20% on SAGE journals and 30% on SAGE books.
- Employment listings, both online and in The Observer classifieds
- Helpful Teaching Tips
- Student-only benefits and opportunities. Learn More
Contact the APS Membership Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at +1 202.293.9300.