The Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD) is seeking applicants for the 2019–2020 Federal and State Policy Fellowships. The fellowships provide researchers with immersive opportunities to use their research skills in child development to inform public policy and to learn more about policy development, implementation, and evaluation at either the federal or state level. All fellowships will run from September 1, 2019 to August 31, 2020. SRCD policy staff members will facilitate the fellowship experience and are available as a resource throughout the year.
Federal Policy Fellowships: Congressional and Executive Branches
- Full-time immersion experiences in Washington, DC.
- Fellows work as resident scholars within congressional or federal agency offices.
Applicants must have a doctoral-level degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., PhD, MD, EdD), demonstrate exceptional competence in an area of child development research, be US citizens, and be members of SRCD. Early, midcareer, and advanced professionals are all encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: December 14, 2018. Learn more and apply.
State Policy Fellowships
- Predoctoral and postdoctoral.
- Fellows work in state executive branch agency offices.
- Predoctoral fellows have part-time placements and postdoctoral fellows have full-time placements.
- State fellowships provide fellows with opportunities to gain further experience with policymaking and implementation at the state level and to learn how research can be used to inform these topics.
Deadline to submit letters of intent: December 21, 2018. Learn more and apply.