APS Members are part of a collective effort to advance psychological science of all types across all areas of our diverse discipline. APS promotes scientific exchange, increases public understanding of our field, fosters innovation in methodology, and ensures that high quality research gets into the hands of policy makers, the public, and other consumers and users of psychological science. As an APS Member, you support these efforts, while benefiting from APS’s multitude of resources that help you in the important work you do.
Personal Access to the Latest Research
APS publications are among the leading resources for information in the field. Members receive annual online and print subscriptions (including online archives) to:
- Psychological Science (12 issues per year)
- Current Directions in Psychological Science (6 issues per year)
- Psychological Science in the Public Interest (3 issues per year)
- Perspectives on Psychological Science (6 issues per year)
- Clinical Psychological Science (6 issues per year)
- Advances in Methods and Practices in Psychological Science (4 issues per year)
- Observer news magazine (10 issues per year)
- This Week in Psychological Science (TWiPS) early online access to research in Psychological Science (see sample issue)
- Psychological Science Update weekly e-newsletter to keep you up-to-date on the latest news and trends (see sample issue)
A Meeting of the Minds
APS will host a virtual conference that convenes psychological scientists from around the world, and features the latest research and luminaries in the field.
Program components from both the APS Annual Convention and the International Convention of Psychological Science (ICPS) will be combined into an interactive online two-day event, plus a Virtual Poster Showcase that will remain available through September 2021.
Call for Submissions and Registration opening mid-November!
APS 2021 Virtual Convention
May 26–27, 2021
Public Understanding and Advocacy
At APS, science isn’t just a special interest—it’s the only interest. APS is the premiere international organization solely dedicated to the advancement of psychological science, and works diligently to increase support for psychological research and to promote the use of science-based psychology in the development of public policy. Furthermore, APS broadens public understanding of our science by ensuring wide and accurate daily coverage in major news outlets including Scientific American, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal among others.
Awards and Honors
APS honors the accomplishments of Members who have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of psychological science. Previous Recipients and Award Information.
And More …
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. APS Members also receive:
- Access to the online Member Directory
- Discounted subscriptions and books. APS members save 20% on SAGE journals and 30% on SAGE books.
- Employment listings, both online and in the Observer classifieds
- Helpful Teaching Tips
Still Have Questions?
Contact the APS Membership Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at +1 202.293.9300.