APS Members are part of a collective effort to advance psychological science of all types across all areas of our diverse discipline. APS promotes scientific exchange, increases public understanding of our field, fosters innovation in methodology, and ensures that high quality research gets into the hands of policy makers, the public, and other consumers and users of psychological science. As an APS Member, you support these efforts, while benefiting form APS’s multitude of resources that help you in the important work you do.
Personal Access to the Latest Research
APS publications are among the leading resources for information in the field. Members receive annual online and print subscriptions (including online archives) to:
- Psychological Science (12 issues per year)
- Current Directions in Psychological Science (6 issues per year)
- Psychological Science in the Public Interest (3 issues per year)
- Perspectives on Psychological Science (6 issues)
- Clinical Psychological Science (6 issues per year)
- Advances in Methods and Practices in Psychological Science (4 issues per year)
- Observer news magazine (10 issues per year)
- This Week in Psychological Science (TWiPS) early online access to research in Psychological Science
- Psychological Science Update weekly e-newsletter to keep you up-to-date on the latest news and trends
A Meeting of the Minds
The APS Annual Convention brings together more than 4,000 scientists from across the globe and from disciplines spanning the full spectrum of psychological science. The biennial International Convention of Psychological Science (ICPS) connects you with more than 2,500 of your colleagues and future collaborators from psychological science, neuroscience, genetics, sociology, economics, anthropology, linguistics, and related fields. And APS Members receive a discount on registration rates for both. Gain insights into research and trends from world-renowned psychological scientists, improve your skills, deepen your knowledge, and forge life-long collaborations with colleagues by attending the APS Annual Convention and ICPS.
31st APS Annual Convention
May 23–26, 2019
Washington, DC USA
Washington Marriott Wardman Park
International Convention of Psychological Science
7–9 March 2019
Palais des Congrès de Paris
Public Understanding and Advocacy
At APS, science isn’t just a special interest—it’s the only interest. APS is the premiere international organization solely dedicated to the advancement of psychological science, and works diligently to increase support for psychological research and to promote the use of science-based psychology in the development of public policy. Furthermore, APS broadens public understanding of our science by ensuring wide and accurate daily coverage in major news outlets including Scientific American, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal among others.
Awards and Honors
APS honors the accomplishments of Members who have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of psychological science. Previous Recipients and Award Information.
And More …
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. APS Members also receive:
- Access to the online Member Directory
- Discounted subscriptions and books. APS members save 20% on SAGE journals and 30% on SAGE books.
- Employment listings, both online and in the Observer classifieds
- Helpful Teaching Tips
Still Have Questions?
Contact the APS Membership Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at +1 202.293.9300.