- Register for the Convention before March 31, 2020 to save with Early-Bird rates. All individuals planning to present at the Convention must register and pay all appropriate registration fees.
- Reserve your room at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. Room rates have been discounted for APS attendees. Pro tip: Reserve your room today to secure the special rate before they sell out.
- Use #aps20chi to spread the word about your presentation!
A symposium is a focused session in which individual speakers present their research on a common issue. Symposia should have the dual goals of providing diversity of perspective and integrating those perspectives into a meaningful whole.
- At least one presenter in the symposium must be an APS Member or APS Student Affiliate at the time of the Convention. Join here.
- Symposia are scheduled in 80-minute time slots. Its up to you how much time each individual presenter is allotted. Pro Tip: When allotting time for your symposium you should allow for discussion among presenters and the audience. They best symposium presenters meaningfully engage their audience.
- Your schedule will be emailed to the symposium chair at the end of January 2020.
APS will supply:
- An LCD projector – accommodates HDMI and VGA connections.
You must supply:
- A laptop computer.
- Slides prepared in a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Mac users should bring their own dongle.
- Any other materials or equipment you need for your presentation.
Posters offer the opportunity to present data and have substantive discussions with interested colleagues. The audience circulates among the posters, stopping to discuss research of particular interest to them. Authors present their research using a visual medium with key information displayed.
- The first author of a submission, whether or not s/he is attending the convention, must be an APS Member or APS Student Affiliate at the time of the presentation. Join here.
- Your poster will be scheduled in a poster session that lasts 50 minutes.
- Your schedule will be emailed to you in March 2020. Pro tip: Your poster board will contain roman numerals before your board number. The roman numerals refer to which poster session you’re assigned to. This is how your poster assignment will appear in the Convention app. For example: IV-56 would refer to board 56 in poster session 4.
- Your scheduling notification will indicate what time you should set up your poster. For most sessions setup time is 10 minutes before the beginning of the poster session, but please check your scheduling notification for details.
- Posters must be removed immediately following your scheduled poster session.
APS will supply:
- A 4 feet high x 8 feet wide bulletin board to display your poster (please note that this is a horizontal/landscape orientation bulletin board).
- Pushpins to affix your poster to the bulletin board.
- APS offers complimentary poster storage each day of the Convention, located near APS Registration. Poster storage is a place where you may store your poster until needed for your poster session- just like a coat check. This allows you to enjoy the Convention without the burden of having to carry your poster with you. All posters remaining at the end of the Convention will be recycled. Pro tip: take a photo of your poster storage ticket when you receive it to make picking up your poster seamless.
You must supply:
- A poster that incorporates illustrative materials such as tables, graphs, photographs and large print text. Pro tip: Materials should be clearly readable from a distance of three feet (primary text font should be 20 points or larger, and headings font at least 30 points).
- A note on poster printing: There are three main poster sizes, which are very common and frequently offered for poster printing. In many cases you will see 22″ x 28″ as standard and 24” x 36” or 36″ x 48″ for large posters. You may print your poster in any size, as long as it fits within the free-standing bulletin board dimensions (4 feet high x 8 feet wide).
For Poster Printing Services at Convention:
Contact the FedEx Office (Illinois Center #1085)
111 E Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
Use the resources below to find answers to any further questions, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently asked questions about the APS Annual Convention. [More]
Learn more about how to submit your poster or symposium. [More]
Find information about registration for the APS Annual Convention in Chicago, IL May 21-24, 2020. [More]