RISE Research Award
The purpose of the RISE Research Award is to cultivate scholarly research in psychological fields related to socially and economically underrepresented populations, as well as to acknowledge outstanding research conducted by student members.
Winners present their research at a special symposium the APS Annual Convention in addition to receipt of a monetary award.
Applications for the 2015 RISE Research Award will be accepted starting October 1st, 2014. All applications must be submitted prior to January 31st, 2015.
Award winners will present their research in symposium format at the APS Annual Convention.
Current APS Student Affiliates may only enter one APSSC competition each year (i.e., Student Grant Competition, Student Research Award, or RISE Research Award) and as such are only eligible for one of these three awards each academic year. Travel assistance is excluded from this rule.
Award winners must be able to attend the following events at the annual convention:
- Opening Ceremonies
- Student Research Award Symposium
How to Apply
To be considered for a RISE Research Award, APS student affiliates must submit the following information via the APS Call for Submissions:
- Project title and an abstract
- Project Summary – The project summary should detail the purpose, methodology, and results of the research and include
- Introduction/Background (a summary of previous, related research)
- Methods (the materials, procedure, etc. that was used)
- Results (the main findings of the research)
- Discussion/Theoretical Implications (e.g., an explanation how these findings impact/advance psychological science)
Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of graduate and undergraduate students. Applicants will receive copies of the peer reviews once the competition has concluded.