APS is pleased to announce an award recognizing and encouraging integrative research in the area of psychological science and entrepreneurship.
With the support of the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, the Psychological Science and Entrepreneurship Poster Award is intended to stimulate research in entrepreneurship, which is the capacity and willingness to develop, organize, and manage a business venture, along with any of its risks, in the pursuit of opportunity and innovation. (”Business” can mean a for-profit or nonprofit enterprise such as a startup web platform, retail operation, or service or product provider, among other things.)
There are many ways psychological science can be applied to entrepreneurship research. Learn more about the APS 2022 Psychological Science and Entrepreneurship Poster Award winners and their research projects in APS’s Observer, Everyone Will Need to Become an Entrepreneur.
How to Apply
Two $1,500 awards will be given, one to a student scientist and one to an early-career scientist. Awardees will also receive complimentary registration to the 2023 APS Annual Convention and special recognition at the Convention.
APS Members can apply for this award when submitting their poster presentation for the 2023 APS Annual Convention held May 25-28, 2023. Applicants should follow the instructions under the “Psychological Science and Entrepreneurship Award” heading in the APS Call for Submissions.
For more information and to apply, please visit the APS Call for Submissions. The poster submission deadline is Friday, December 15, 2022.
For more information about eligibility and criteria, see below.
- Applicants must be either a current undergraduate or graduate student, OR an early-career scholar, defined as having received their PhD in 2015 or more recently
- Applicants must be the first author on the submitted poster
- Applicants must have no current existing financial relationship with the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
- Applicants must not have won the Psychological Science and Entrepreneurship Poster Award in the last 3 years
- Awardees must be APS Members
- Awardees must present their poster at the 2023 APS Annual Convention
Criteria for Award
- Relevance to the broad study of psychological science and entrepreneurship. Awardees do not currently need to be working on the topic of entrepreneurship but are asked to describe the potential relevance of their research to this area.
- Scholarly contribution to existing knowledge, application, or practice