Nomination Deadline: October 15, 2018
The APS Mentor Award honors the importance of mentoring in our field as well as the dedication and impact of individuals with a distinguished record of teaching, advising, and encouraging students and colleagues who go on to have productive and influential research careers. To nominate a candidate for the APS Mentor Award, please fill out the online nomination form. The nominee must be an APS member and nominations should include the following documents:
- Nomination letter describing the nominee’s mentoring process as well as the impact of the mentor’s influence on the careers of students and/or colleagues.
- List of PhDs and Postdoc mentees (or others) with a very brief (i.e. one paragraph) description of their accomplishments
- CV of the nominee
- Two to five letters of support from mentees, one of whom must be an APS member
To nominate a candidate for the APS Mentor Award, please complete the online nomination form.
APS Mentor Award Committee
- Gilles O. Einstein , Chair, Furman University
- Richard Aslin, Haskins Laboratories
- John “Jack” Dovidio, Yale University
- Phoebe Ellsworth, University of Michigan
- Reinhold M. Kliegl, University of Potsdam
- Rebecca Saxe, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Michael T. Turvey, University of Connecticut