Student Research Award
To promote and acknowledge outstanding research conducted by student members.
Winners of the Student Research Competition will present their research in symposium format at the Annual Convention in May and receive some monetary compensation for travel costs to the convention.
- Up to three awards to graduate student members.
- Up to two awards to undergraduate student members.
- $300 for graduate and undergraduate students
Applications for the 2017 Student Research Award will be accepted starting in October 2016. All applications must be submitted prior to January 31st, 2017.
Current APS Student affiliates may only enter one APSSC competition each year (i.e., Student Grant Competition, Student Research Award, or RISE Research Award) and as such are only eligible for one of these three awards each academic year. Travel assistance is excluded from this rule.
Award winners will present their research in address format at the APS Annual Convention and must be able to attend the following events at the annual convention:
- Opening Ceremonies
- Student Research Award Symposium
How to Apply
To be considered for a Student Research Award, APS student affiliates must submit the following information via the APS Call for Submissions:
- Project title and an abstract
- Project Summary – The project summary should detail the purpose, methodology, and results of the research and include
- Introduction/Background (a summary of previous, related research)
- Methods (the materials, procedure, etc. that was used)
- Results (the main findings of the research)
- Discussion/Theoretical Implications (e.g., an explanation how these findings impact/advance psychological science)
Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of graduate and undergraduate students. Applicants will receive copies of the peer reviews once the competition has concluded.
Any additional questions can be sent to the Student Research Award Coordinator.