Thanks to a sponsorship from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, APS is pleased to announce a new annual award to recognize and encourage research by students and emerging scholars studying psychological science and entrepreneurship.
The Psychological Science and Entrepreneurship Poster Award will recognize the contributions of students and early-career scientists conducting research at the intersection of psychological science and entrepreneurship, broadly conceived. The purpose of the award is to stimulate research in this area, encouraging work examining such topics as social and personality characteristics of entrepreneurs, cognitive underpinnings of financial decision-making, perceptions of risk and risk-taking, effects of diversity and entrepreneurship, entrepreneurship within the larger context of industry and organizations, and more.
The Kauffman Foundation is a private, nonpartisan foundation that works together with communities in education and entrepreneurship to create uncommon solutions and empower people to shape their futures and be successful.
Two $1,500 awards will be given, one to a student scientist and one to an early-career scientist. Awardees will also receive complimentary registration to APS 2020 and special recognition at the Convention.
APS Members can apply for this award when submitting their poster presentation for the 32nd APS Annual Convention in Chicago, IL, USA, held May 21-24, 2020. Applicants should follow the instructions under the “Psychological Science and Entrepreneurship Award” heading in the APS Call for Submissions.
For more information and to apply, please visit the APS Call for Submissions. The poster submission deadline is Friday, January 31, 2020.
For more information about eligibility and criteria, see below.
- Applicants must be either a current undergraduate or graduate student, OR an early-career scholar, defined as having received their PhD in 2013 or more recently
- Applicants must be the first author on the submitted poster
- Applicants must have no current existing financial relationship with the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
- Awardees must be APS Members
- Awardees must present their poster at APS 2020 in Chicago, IL
Criteria for Award:
- Relevance to the study of psychological science and entrepreneurship
- Scholarly contribution to existing knowledge, application, or practice