The 2nd National Congress of Psychology will be held from November 13–18, 2016, in Mombasa, Kenya. The theme is “Terrorism and Youth Radicalization: Our Role, Our Challenge!”
The congress objectives are:
- To enable participants to amass concrete data on the factors that lead to terrorism and to use those insights to develop ways to thwart terrorism; and
- To highlight what both researchers and the broader community can and must do in order to realistically engage the terrorist.
Focal topics will include:
- Cyber crime and terrorism
- Terrorist recruitment
- Law enforcement and counterterrorism policies
- Adolescence and youth radicalization
- Religion and terrorism
- Perceived discrimination, unequal distribution of resources and opportunities
- Perceived injustice and humiliation
- Ethnic discrimination and negative ethnicity
- Childhood abuse and trauma
- The role of psychology in combating terrorism.
The standard registration deadline is September 30, 2016. Visit the conference website for more details.