The Butler-Williams Scholars Program allows early career researchers interested in aging and health disparities research the opportunity to grow their network, improve grant writing skills, and learn more about National Institute on Aging-supported science. The opportunity is ideal for candidates who are planning on submitting for an R01 grant or career development award in the future. The program will include seminars, presentations, small group discussions, and networking, and will be held August 24-26, 2021.
The program curriculum includes:
- Minority health, health disparities, and advancing health equity
- Basic biology of aging
- Alzheimer’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease related dementias
- Neuroscience of aging
- Behavioral and social science research
- Geriatrics and clinical gerontology
- Consultations on developing research interests
- Applying the NIA Health Disparities Framework when developing a new study
- Preparing and submitting research grant applications
- Mock scientific grant application reviews
The deadline to apply is March 31, 2021. In accordance with COVID-19 guidance, the program will be held virtually.