Student Membership Options
Graduate Student Affiliate and Undergraduate Student Affiliate membership is open to anyone enrolled in a psychology degree program (or a related field) at an accredited institution.
- Graduate Student Affiliate ($86) – Applicant has received a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and is (or expects to be) enrolled as a full-time student pursuing an advanced degree (Master’s or Doctorate) in psychology or any related field at an accredited degree-granting institution.
- Undergraduate Student Affiliate ($42) – To qualify, the applicant must be currently enrolled as a full-time student pursuing an Associate or Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in psychology or any related field at an accredited degree-granting institution. Candidates who join/renew upon completion of their Bachelor’s degree program must join as Graduate Student Affiliates.
Student Affiliates receive the same benefits as regular members, including:
Access to the Latest Research
APS publications are among the leading resources for information in the field. Members receive annual online and print* subscriptions (including online archives) to:
- Psychological Science (12 issues per year)
- This Week in Psychological Science (TWiPS) e-news featuring online-early (pre-print) access to research in Psychological Science.
- Current Directions in Psychological Science
(6 issues per year)
- Clinical Psychological Science
(6 issues per year)
- Psychological Science in the Public Interest
(3 issues per year)
- Perspectives on Psychological Science
(6 issues per year)
- Advances in Methods and Practices in Psychological Science
(4 issues per year)
- Observer news magazine (10 issues per year)
*Undergraduates receive online-only journal access
A Meeting of the Minds
The APS Annual Convention brings together more than 4,000 scientists from across the globe and from disciplines spanning the full spectrum of psychological science. The biennial International Convention of Psychological Science (ICPS) connects you with more than 2,500 of your colleagues and future collaborators from psychological science, neuroscience, genetics, sociology, economics, anthropology, linguistics, and related fields. And APS Members receive a discount on registration rates for both. Network, present your research, and meet peers and distinguished researchers from around the globe at the APS Annual Convention and ICPS.
31st APS Annual Convention
May 23–26, 2019
Washington, DC USA
Washington Marriott Wardman Park
International Convention of Psychological Science
7–9 March 2019
Palais des Congrès de Paris
APS Student Caucus (APSSC)
Award and Grant Opportunities
The APS Student Caucus offers several competitive awards to APS Student Affiliates, including:
- Student Research Award
- RISE (Researching Injustice and Social Equality) Award
- Student Grant Competition
Public Understanding and Advocacy
At APS, science isn’t just a special interest—it’s the only interest. APS is the premiere international organization solely dedicated to the advancement of psychological science, and works diligently to increase support for psychological research and to promote the use of science-based psychology in the development of public policy. Furthermore, APS broadens public understanding of our science by ensuring wide and accurate daily coverage in major news outlets including Scientific American, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal among others.
Explore mentorship opportunities for Undergraduate and Graduate Students through the APS Mentorship Program for Undergraduates, the APS/SSCP Psychological Science Career Mentorship Match, and the National Research Mentoring Network.
Awards and Honors
Each year, APS honors the accomplishments of Members who have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of psychological science. Previous Recipients and Award Information
And More …
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. APS Members also receive:
- Access to the online Member Directory
- Discounted subscriptions to more than 50 psychological journals
- Employment listings, both online and in the Observer classifieds
- Helpful Teaching Tips
Still Have Questions?
Contact the APS Membership Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at +1 202.293.9300.