The APS Travel Assistance program defrays travel costs for APS Student Affiliates who are presenting their research at the APS Annual Convention. Travel Assistance recipients are required to volunteer for 1 six-hour shift onsite at the Convention. Volunteer duties typically include working at the registration desk, providing directions to attendees or completing room counts for various Convention events. Recipients are provided with complimentary Convention registration, as well as a cash award, typically $200.
Each year, we look for friendly and enthusiastic people who are current APS student affiliates presenting their research at the APS Annual Convention. The following factors (listed in no particular order) are taken into consideration when reviewing applications:
- Distance from convention, including whether traveling internationally
- Duration of the student’s attendance at convention
- Whether or not the student is presenting a poster or symposium
- Student’s prior APSSC involvement, including past convention attendance
- Cost saving measures undertaken by the student, including room or ride sharing
How to Apply
The 2019 travel assistance application deadline has passed. Recipients will be notified by March 31, 2019.
Not an APS Student Affiliate? Click here to learn more and join APS.
Questions? Check out our Travel Grant FAQs page.