Expand the event calendar above for full schedule information!
All times listed in the event calendar are listed in EDT (-4 UTC). To calculate the event times for your time zone, please use this time zone calculator.
The 2021 APS Virtual Convention will combine program components from both the APS Annual Convention and the International Conference on Psychological Science (ICPS) into an interactive online two-day event. The Convention will offer the following sessions:
Hear from prominent psychological scientists. Stay tuned for more information about our Featured Speakers.
- Fred Kavli Keynote Addresses by Jennifer L. Eberhardt, Stanford University, USA and Robin Dunbar, University of Oxford, UK
- Bring the Family Address by Dan P. McAdams, Northwestern University, USA
- Presidential Symposium: “Race, Social Class, and Culture: Toward a Theoretical Integration” Chaired by Shinobu Kitayama, APS President, University of Michigan, USA; Speakers: Hazel Rose Markus, Stanford University, USA; Michael Meaney, The Douglas Research Centre, McGill University, Canada; and Robert Sellers, University of Michigan, USA
Four one-hour panel discussions with leading psychological scientists about the following topics:
- From Vaccine Hesitancy to Vaccine Confidence
- Climate Change: Addressing Climate Change and its Psychological, Ethical and Socio-Economic Challenges
- Misinformation: Psychological Processes and Social Network Mechanisms
- Reimagining Work After COVID
- 2020 and 2021 APS Lifetime Achievement Awards
- David Myers Lecture on the Science and Craft of Teaching Psychological Science: “Don’t SoTL for Less: Researching Teaching and Learning for a Post Pandemic World” by Regan Gurung, Oregon State University, USA
- Inclusivity Spotlight: “Reducing Race and Other Disparities in and through Psychological Research”
The APS Student Caucus (APSSC) is planning interactive programming and events to help students take their careers to the next level:
- Presenting Yourself Online: How to Create a Digital CV
- Industry Job Market: Careers in Tech, Non-Profit, and Government
- Virtual Mentoring: How to Maximize the Experience as a Mentor and Mentee (Horror Stories Included)
- Pitch Perfect: 3-Minute Thesis Competition
These on-demand 10-to-15-minute videos will feature individual researchers presenting their research.
Virtual Poster Showcase (VPS)
Attendees will view the latest psychological science research and chat with poster presenters from around the world to foster research discussions with fellow scientists.
There are three types of posters:
There will be many interactive ways to connect with your colleagues and make new connections. Participate in focused round-table discussions, mentoring events, and one-on-one opportunities to meet with experts in the field. Learn more about these events.
Virtual Exhibit Hall
The 2021 APS Virtual Convention will feature exhibitors and sponsors to showcase the latest research tools and trends, publications, and more. Chat with exhibitors in real-time and set up appointments for focused conversations. Learn more about becoming an exhibitor or sponsor.