The 2021 APS Virtual Convention will combine program components from both the APS Annual Convention and the International Conference on Psychological Science (ICPS) into an interactive online two-day event. The Convention will offer the following sessions:
Hear from prominent psychological scientists. Stay tuned for more information about our Featured Speakers.
- Fred Kavli Keynote Addresses by Jennifer L. Eberhardt, Stanford University, USA and Robin Dunbar, University of Oxford, UK
- Bring the Family Address by Dan P. McAdams, Northwestern University, USA
- Presidential Symposium: “Race, Social Class, and Culture: Toward a Theoretical Integration” Chaired by Shinobu Kitayama, APS President, University of Michigan, USA; Speakers: Hazel Rose Markus, Stanford University, USA; Michael Meaney, The Douglas Research Centre, McGill University, Canada; and Robert Sellers, University of Michigan, USA
- David Meyers Lecture on the Science and Craft of Teaching Psychological Science: “Don’t SoTL for Less: Challenges and Issues in Researching Teaching and Learning” by Regan Gurung, Oregon State University, USA
Invited Panel Discussions
Four one-hour panel discussions with leading psychological scientists about the following topics:
- From Vaccine Hesitancy to Vaccine Confidence
- Climate Change: Addressing Climate Change and its Psychological, Ethical and Socio-Economic Challenges
- Misinformation: Psychological Processes and Social Network Mechanisms
- Reimagining Work After COVID
The APS Student Caucus (APSSC) is planning interactive programming and events to help students take their careers to the next level:
- Presenting Yourself Online: How to Create a Digital CV
- Industry Job Market: Careers in Tech, Non-Profit, and Government
- Virtual Mentoring: How to Maximize the Experience as a Mentor and Mentee (Horror Stories Included)
- Pitch Perfect: 3-Minute Thesis Competition
These on-demand 10-to-15-minute videos will allow individual researchers to present their research. Please visit the Call for Submissions page to submit your flash talk.
Virtual Poster Showcase (VPS)
Attendees will be able to see the latest psychological science research and chat with poster presenters from around the world to foster research discussions with fellow scientists. Please visit the Call for Submissions page to submit your poster.
There will be many interactive ways to connect with your colleagues and make new connections. Participate in focused round-table discussions, mentoring events, and one-on-one opportunities to meet with experts in the field. Stay tuned for more information about these events.
Virtual Exhibit Hall
The 2021 APS Virtual Convention will feature exhibitors and sponsors to showcase the latest research tools and trends, publications, and more. Chat with exhibitors in real-time and set up appointments for focused conversations.