Volume 15, Number 1
Five Goals of APCS
The Academy sees the development and application of clinical science as ongoing and dynamic processes, and is committed to facilitating the evolution of clinical science. Toward that end, it has established five specific goals:
- To foster the training of students for careers in clinical science research, who skillfully will produce and apply scientific knowledge.
- Research and Theory
- To advance the full range of clinical science research and theory and their integration with other relevant sciences.
- Resources and Opportunities
- To foster the development of, and access to, resources and opportunities for training, research, funding, and careers in clinical science.
- To foster the broad application of clinical science to human problems in responsible and innovative ways.
- To foster the timely dissemination of clinical science to policy-making groups, psychologists and other scientists, practitioners, and consumers.