|4-H Youth Development Advisor serving Colusa, Sutter and Yuba Counties|
University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources
| The University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, a statewide program with local development and delivery, is seeking a Cooperative Extension (CE) 4-H Youth Development (YD) academic advisor to conduct a multi-county-based extension, education and applied research program to develop, implement, evaluate, strengthen and expand local 4-H programming that benefits youth and families in Colusa, Sutter, and Yuba Counties.
• Conduct and report regular needs assessments to identify priority issues or problems relevant to the local clientele groups being served.
• Develop and implement effective UC ANR Cooperative Extension applied research and educational programs to address the identified priority needs of the clientele that are consistent with ANR’s Strategic Vision and ANR initiatives http://ucanr.edu/files/906.pdf
o Conduct applied research designed to monitor changes and solve locally relevant problems.
o Disseminate useful, science-based information to inform clientele, using extension methods that are responsive to clientele needs and appropriate for the audience and situation.
o Maintain and promote Cooperative Extension’s credibility by providing science-based knowledge and skills independent of personal or parochial interests.
o Evaluate programs and report accomplishments, results, and potential or actual impacts to scientific and lay audiences.
o Develop collaborative teams with other UC ANR academics, including campus-based specialists, AES faculty, CE advisors and/or others, to address priority issues for UC ANR.
• Supervise staff in 4-H programs and provide academic oversight to ensure compliance with federal, ANR, and 4-H programmatic and fiscal policies.
• Oversee implementation of the 4-H Thrive framework and ensure positive youth development occurs from an intentional process. Measure program effectiveness in partnership with members of the 4-H Thrive Leadership Team.
• Lead and contribute to the design and implementation of a volunteer development and management program.
• Cultivate collaborators and donors as well as grants for research and education/project support.
• Collaborate and network with governmental agencies, 4-H adult volunteers, youth services, organizations, industry groups, schools, fairs, and interested individuals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A minimum of a Master's Degree is required, though other advanced degrees are encouraged, in disciplines such as Youth or Human Development, Child Development Education, Agricultural Education (including Food Science or Textiles), Environmental and Resource Sciences or a closely related field. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are required. Extension experience, especially in youth development programming and volunteer education, is desirable. Skills to communicate effectively in a second language are desirable.
SALARY: Beginning salary will be in the Cooperative Extension Assistant Advisor Rank and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY: For a full position vacancy announcement and application procedures, please visit our website http://ucanr.edu/jobs. To assure full consideration, application packets should be submitted by May 18, 2014 to email@example.com. Each application packet must contain a UC Academic application, CV or resume, copies of transcripts and a cover letter. Please refer to AP#14-04 (open until filled).
When applying for this position, please mention you saw this ad in the APS Employment Network.
|Ad has been online since April 24, 2014|