|Department of Counseling, Higher Education, and Special Education (CHSE)|
University of Maryland, College Park
|College Park, MD|
| The College of Education at the University of Maryland invites applications for the position of Chair of the Department of Counseling, Higher Education, and Special Education (CHSE), which is a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Professor. We seek a leader for this newly merged department to further advance its research, teaching, and service accomplishments as a unified department. The Department of Counseling, Higher Education, and Special Education (CHSE) incorporates three outstanding former departments, all with programs having top rankings in U.S. News and World Report, 2014.
Qualifications for the position include:
• Earned doctorate in counseling psychology, school psychology, higher education, student affairs, comparative and international education, and special education, or related field
• Record of publications and scholarly activities (e.g., grant writing and presentations) commensurate with appointment at rank of Professor
• Demonstrated national or international leadership and scholarship in counseling psychology, school psychology, higher education, student affairs, comparative and international education, and special education, or related discipline
• Administrative experience in a role as department chair or other comparable experience
• Experience managing budgets
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
We encourage applications from minority candidates, women, and persons with disabilities. The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is dedicated to increasing diversity of its faculty through hiring and retention of minorities, women, and persons with disabilities and other categories protected in the University of Maryland Code of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
Candidates should upload a letter of application addressing their qualifications; current curriculum vitae; and names, titles, addresses, and telephone numbers of three persons from whom reference letters may be requested. Requests for confidentiality will be honored until the final phase of the search. All application materials must be submitted electronically via the eTerp system at https://jobs.umd.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp.
Address materials and inquiries to Patricia A. Alexander, Ph.D., CHSE Search Committee Chair, Department of Human Development and Quantitative Methodology, 3304 Benjamin Building, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742. Voice: 301-405-2172 FAX: 301-314-9890 Email: email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, please submit by December 15, 2013. Appointment to the position will be effective July 1, 2014.
When applying for this position, please mention you saw this ad in the APS Employment Network.
|Ad has been online since September 5, 2013|