Post-doctoral Fellowship - Brain Injury Research
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Medical College of Wisconsin
Contact Michael McCrea, PhD
The Department of Neurosurgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is recruiting for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to join our diverse group of basic and clinical research scientists studying a broad array of neurologic disorders. Under the direction of Michael McCrea, PhD, ABPP, the Fellow will play a major role in the execution of a large, prospective clinical research study on the acute effects and recovery after mild traumatic brain injury in civilians and sport-related concussion in athletes. In addition, there will be ample opportunities to collaborate with other basic and applied scientists in the Neuroscience Research Center at MCW, directed by Cecilia Hillard, PhD.
This position will provide professional development opportunities for the fellow to:
• Participate in research program activities and independently perform studies to advance the goals of the research program.
• Assist in development of clinical research study design and execution.
• Assist in large-scale, multi-center clinical research database development and management.
• Analyze data and compile results from large, multi-center studies and monitor quality control processes to ensure integrity of research.
• Participate in dissemination of research findings through scientific publications and professional presentations.
• Expand knowledge of the grant submission process and look for opportunities to submit grants specific to identified research interests that foster independent research program.
The Fellowship period is for 2-3 years. Candidates should have (1) PhD in neuroscience, neuropsychology, clinical psychology or a field related to the neurosciences, sports medicine or trauma, (2) demonstrated competency in human subjects research design and methods, and (3) a strong skill set in computerized data base management, information technology applications, and statistical analysis. Based on the focus of our major projects, experience in advanced neuroimaging methods (e.g., fMRI, DTI, etc.) is considered beneficial.
MCW shares a campus with our main teaching hospitals, Froedtert Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, in Milwaukee, WI. The Department of Neurosurgery also has close collaborative relationships with the nearby Milwaukee VA Medical Center.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, CV, 2 sample publications or writing samples, and 3 letters of recommendation to Michael McCrea, PhD, ABPP, Professor and Director of Brain Injury Research, Department of Neurosurgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53226 or e-mail to email@example.com.
When applying for this position, please mention you saw this ad in the APS Postdoc Exchange.