Moscow, Idaho, USA
University of Idaho
Open Until Filled
Contact Search Committee
TRIO Educational Opportunity Center
Open for Recruitment: January 30, 2014 - February 27, 2014
Announcement #: 12508043186
Salary Range: 36000
Full or Part Time: Full Time
This position is contingent upon the continuation of work and/or funding.
Online Application (http://apptrkr.com/437589)
Letter of Application
Contact Information for 3 References
To receive “first consideration,” please submit all application materials by February 27, 2014. Following initial review of “first consideration” applicant pool, job posting may be re-posted and/or un-posted until position is filled
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates may be subject to a criminal background check.
Summary of Position
The Educational Opportunity Center (UI-EOC) serves as an ally for educationally marginalized individuals in creating greater educational opportunity and social mobility. This postdoctoral position will conduct research designed to gain an understanding of supports needed to achieve positive educational outcomes for this diverse population of adult learners. The individual will have the opportunity to participate and engage in practice with our Center activities in order to better inform the research agenda. The service goal of the EOC is to increase the number of qualified adult participants who wish to enroll or re-enroll in post-secondary programs. To that end, we provide counseling, information, and mentorship to educationally marginalized adult. The fellow will conduct critical action research using interdisciplinary approaches related to educational opportunity and social mobility. The goal is to increase understanding of beneficial educational pathways for adults to address systemic barriers that complicate and discourage this growing segment of potential adult learners.
• An earned doctorate in psychology, sociology, economics, ethics or a related field of social science.
• Demonstrated education and experience in a critical approach to research.
• A firm understanding of action research.
• A firm understanding of a range of research methods and paradigms.
• Demonstrated experience or ability in writing papers for publication in academic journals, related to the specified area.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively.
• The ability to work as a member of a team.
• A commitment to an academic career in higher education.
To enrich education through diversity, the University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
University of Idaho Division
When applying for this position, please mention you saw this ad in the APS Postdoc Exchange.