Postdoctoral Fellow 20000149-350.29173
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Medical College of Wisconsin
Supervise and independently perform research studies which center on sickle cell disease and health outcomes. Provide assistance in ongoing research and expand and develop new projects.
1. Design and execute independent research projects that complement ongoing work in the laboratory in the area of patient reported outcomes and health services utilization/health outcomes in children and adults with sickle cell disease.
2. Coordinate research study activities; lead and manage projects.
3. Assist in developing new grant applications to secure future funding for laboratory and self.
4. Assist in developing, implementing and monitoring quality activities, especially surrounding data collection.
5. Collaborate with principle investigator in determining study design and performing statistical analyses necessary in analyzing research studies.
6. Perform and develop computational and database methods for implementation using statistical software, preferably SPSS.
7. Participate in meetings with principle investigator and research staff and evaluate/interpret the validity of data, develop methodologies, plan and write for external funding.
8. Over see the work of laboratory personnel including training and development as well as daily work direction/delegation/prioritizing.
9. Manage data entry staff, and activities surrounding database, data collection, and data entry and data management.
10. Assist in training of students, residents and fellows.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
Education: PhD in a scientific field within health research (epidemiology, public health, psychology) or a field that complements health research such as social work or anthropology. The successful candidate will have a record of scholarly productivity.
Experience: As above, skills consistent with some prior work in clinical research.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Knowledge of scientific approach and methodologies. Ability to develop and follow research methodology and protocol. Knowledge of current technological developments/trends including hands-on experience with human subjects research and data base creation and analysis. Experience with patient reported outcomes and community work desired. Ability to design, organize, and coordinate scientific clinical research projects.
When applying for this position, please mention you saw this ad in the APS Postdoc Exchange.