SAVE THE DATE – PSYCHOLOGICAL SCIENCE CONVENTION IN CHICAGO, MAY 24-27, 2012
If you cover health, business, lifestyles or science news, the APS convention provides news on the mind-body connection, discrimination, marketing, bullying, mental illnesses and more. APS conventions cover many types of science, including neuroscience, industrial and management psychology, and social interactions.
Are We Overmedicating America’s Children? Psychosocial, Pharmacological, Combined, and Sequenced Interventions for ADHD
William E. Pelham, Florida International University
New Directions in Early Detection and Intervention in Autism
Geraldine Dawson, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Autism Speaks
Political Ideology ‘From the Bottom Up’: Origins, Manifestations, Consequences
Chair: John T. Jost, New York University
Presenters/Authors: Geraint Rees, University College, London, United Kingdom; Christian Kandler, Universität Bielefeld, Germany; Christopher M. Federico, University of Minnesota; Riley E. Dunlap, Oklahoma State University
Facing Our Selves: What People Do and Don’t Know About Their Personality
Simine Vazire, Washington University
The Masquerade of Racial Group Differences in Psychological Science
James S. Jackson, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Practical Wisdom: The Right Way to Do the Right Thing
Barry Schwartz, Swarthmore College
Bring the Family Address
Carol Tavris, Social Psychologist & Writer
APS-David Myers Distinguished Lecture on the Science and Craft of Teaching Psychology
Presidential Symposium: Diverse Perspectives: Who Owns Science?
Douglas L. Medin, Chair, Northwestern University; Margaret Beale Spencer, University of Chicago; Richard A. Schweder, University of Chicago; Helen E. Longino, Stanford University; Megan Bang, University of Washington
- Music, Mind, and Brain: Saturday, May 26, 2012, 12:00 PM – 3:45 PM
- Disaster, Response, and Recovery: Friday, May 25, 2012, 9:00 AM – 12:45 PM
- Biological Beings in Social Context: Friday, May 25, 2012, 2:00 PM – 5:45 PM
- Clinical Science Forum: Cutting edge developments relevant to coursework, practica, internship, and postdoctoral experience: Thursday, May 24, 2012, 1:30 PM – 5:20 PM
How to register:
- Convention website: http://www.psychologicalscience.org/convention
- Register early at this link to begin receiving advance meeting materials, media alerts, and access to meeting presenters.
Please contact Lucy Hyde at 202-293-9300 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.