Human Capital Initiative
The Human Capital Initiative (HCI) is a framework for a sustained research effort targeting six problems facing the nation, communities, and families: aging, literacy, productivity, substance abuse, health, and violence. In the HCI, the term "human capital" has been borrowed from economics and broadened to reflect the view that human potential is a basic resource and that understanding the human mind and behavior is crucial to maximizing human potential.
- The Human Capital Initiative: Report of the National Behavioral Science Committee [PDF]
- Report 1: The Changing Nature of Work [PDF]
- Report 2: Vitality for Life [PDF]
- Report 4: A Research Plan for Healthy Living [PDF]
- Report 5: Reducing Violence [PDF]
- Report 6: Basic Research in Psychological Science [PDF]
- Background of the HCI
You will need to read documents in PDF format.