To assist students attending the annual APS convention by defraying the cost of travel.
To Be Determined. The amount varies each year. The range is typically between $200 and $300
For the 2015 Convention, the Call for Submissions and travel assistance applications will open in October 2014.
Please contact the Membership and Volunteers Officer for additional information regarding travel assistance and volunteer opportunities.
Travel Assistance is intended to assist students attending the annual APS convention by defraying the cost of travel. Recipients are provided with a cash award (the number available and the amount of which varies each year).
Each year, we look for friendly and enthusiastic people who are current APS student affiliates presenting research at the APS Annual Convention. The following factors (listed in no particular order) are taken into consideration when reviewing applications:
- Distance from convention, including whether travelling internationally
- Duration of the student’s attendance at convention
- Whether or not the student is presenting a poster
- Student’s prior APSSC involvement, including past convention attendance
- Cost saving measures undertaken by the student, including room or ride sharing
Recipients will be required to volunteer for approximately six hours with various convention functions like the registration desk, student exhibit booth, Cyber Cafe, etc.