APS Annual Convention Press Information
The APS Annual Meeting attracts over 4,300 participants who share the latest discoveries and developments in the field. More information about prominent speakers and noteworthy presentations can be viewed at the APS Convention homepage.
Qualified press will have complimentary access to scientific and poster sessions to hear about these advancements in psychology. Prior to registering, please take a moment to look over our press policies.
To register, download the registration form, fill in the appropriate information, and return with the appropriate credentials to Lucy Hyde in our Public Affairs department (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 202-293-9350).
Advance registration is open until two weeks before the convention begins. Registrations received after that date will be processed onsite.
The following categories are eligible for complimentary press registration:
- Working press, including reporters, news editors, science writers, news producers, and others working for recognized print, television, radio, or online entities, should provide press credentials, such as a business card, or letter from an editor.
- Freelance writers should provide a copy of a letter assigning you to cover the APS convention; a current membership card from the National Association of Science Writers, Canadian Science Writers Association, International Science Writers Association or other affiliates of the World Federation of Science Journalists; or recent evidence of related work (with your by-line) in a recognized publication within the last year.
- Public information officers from nonprofit institutions including government agencies, educational and/or research institutions, and scientific societies should provide a copy or a business card or other evidence of affiliation.
All members of the media who register on-site should bring the appropriate credentials to the registration area, where both advance and on-site registrants will be able to pick up their badges.
Credentialed reporters receive:
- Complimentary annual meeting registration
- One-on-one interview opportunities
News from past events:
Convention coverage in our member magazine, the Observer: